Question: I've noticed many of my Facebook friends using avatars lately. How do I create one for myself?
Short Tutorial/FAQ – How Do I Create a Facebook Avatar?
Answer: Facebook launched its avatar feature in the U.S. in May 2020, and as you've discovered, it's been popular with many people. Here's how to make a cartoon-like version of yourself:
When you want to use your avatar, access it by tapping the smiley face icon in the Write a comment section of Facebook.
- Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android phone and tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down and tap See More.
- Select Avatars.
- Tap Next and then Get Started.
- Select your preferred skin tone and tap Next.
- You'll be instructed to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. Once you've made your selection, tap the Color icon (looks like a drop of paint).
- Move on to your avatar's Face icon, where you'll select the face shape, complexion, and face lines. If you need a reminder of what you actually look like, just tap on the mirror icon to open your phone's front-facing camera.
- Tap the Eye icon. Select an eye shape, color, and lash length. Then move on to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. You can also add glasses.
- Select your nose shape and then move on to your mouth shape. You can also add a lip color and facial hair.
- Select a body shape. Once you do this, you can choose an outfit that you like best.
- When you're done customizing your avatar and are happy with how it looks, tap Done. When it's done loading, tap Next.
©2020 Cornerstone Publishing Group Inc.
Trademarks: All brand names and product names used in this eNewsletter are
trade names, service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their