Question: Facebook is fun but sometimes I want a place where I can communicate with just my close friends. Is a Facebook group a good way to do this? If so, how do I start one?
Short Tutorial/FAQ – How Do I Create a Facebook Group?
Answer: Yes, a Facebook group is a great way to use many of the same features you like about Facebook with fewer people. It can be for a set of friends, a book club, a special interest group, or anything else you like. Your group can be open to the public or private — you can control the way it gets used. Here's how to create one:
- On your Facebook home page, at the top of the screen, select Create > Group.
- In the dialog box, create a name for your group and select some friends you want to be in it. Set the privacy and visibility settings. Select Create.
- Once your group is created, you can add a cover image, similar to how you would add one to your own profile.
- In the left column, select About. In the About section, write a description of your group.
- Under the cover image, select More > Edit Group Settings to further refine the characteristics of your group.
- Now return to the main group page to create your first post and invite more members.
©2020 Cornerstone Publishing Group Inc.
Trademarks: All brand names and product names used in this eNewsletter are
trade names, service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their