Question: After years of using Facebook, I have a lot of information stored there that I'd like to have on my own hard drive. Is there a way to do this?
Short Tutorial/FAQ – How Can I Download My Facebook History?
Answer: Whether you want to leave Facebook but keep a copy of everything you stored there, you want to keep your ongoing account safe, or you want to use the data in other ways, downloading your Facebook history is a good idea. It's also easy to do; here's how:
The file will include your Timeline information, posts you've shared, messages, photos, and much more.
- From your Facebook home page, click the down arrow at the top of the screen.
- From the menu, select "Settings."
- In the main area of the screen, click "Download a copy of your Facebook data."
- On the next screen, click the green "Start My Archive" button.
- Provide your password when asked for it.
- Next, you'll receive an email from Facebook alerting you that the request has been made, and informing you that you'll receive another email once the download is complete.
- When you receive the second email, you'll be able to click a link to download a ZIP file of your data.
©2016 Cornerstone Publishing Group Inc.
Trademarks: All brand names and product names used in this eNewsletter are
trade names, service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their