Question: Facebook Live seems like a neat feature, but I don't need a bunch of notifications announcing when people are using it. Is there a way to disable them?
Short Tutorial/FAQ – How To Disable Facebook Live Notifications?
Answer: Yes. Despite Facebook's reputation for having incomprehensible settings, it's fairly easy to adjust your preferences — you just need to know where to look. Follow these steps to remove Facebook Live notifications:
Note that there's no "save" button, so you can go directly back to posting or looking at your feed on Facebook as usual.
- On the top right corner of your Facebook home screen, click the down arrow.
- From the pull-down menu, choose "Settings."
- In the left column, click "Notifications."
- On the Notifications Settings page, click "On Facebook."
- Under "What You Get Notified About," look for the pull-down menu to the right of "Live Videos."
- Click the menu, choose "All Off," and you'll be all done!
©2016 Cornerstone Publishing Group Inc.
Trademarks: All brand names and product names used in this eNewsletter are
trade names, service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their